2k10, as we encroach upon its final months I've obviously been musing over Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber.Lady Gaga, friend of the gays (atleast those gays who pine for the nuclear family and US imperialism). Lady Gaga's recent foray into LGBT activism positions her as a self-proclaimed ally to the cause - ally to the multimillion dollar LGBT pro-marriage cause. Lady Gaga is good for business. Probably if you buy her records, you can support gay rights too. And if you buy it on the internet, you might not even have to leave your house to do so.
Some of her better quotes:
It’s not an underground tool for me. It’s my whole life. So I always sort of joke that the real motivation is to just turn the world gay. (change.org)
Equality is the prime rib of America, but because I am gay, I don't get to enjoy the greatest cut of meat my country has to offer. Shouldn't everyone deserve to wear the same meat dress I do? (popeater.com)
Thanks Lady Gaga, for your untiring commitment to homonationalism. I hope you enjoy your prime rib dinner.
And there he is himself, Justin Bieber or JBiebz

as some tenderly call him. Who knew a 16yr old Canadian white boy would ascend to the throne of popular r&b music? Usher, Rae Kwon, Kanye, Timbaland have all been hit with Bieber Fever. I don't even know how to think about the discourses that frame him as having a particular kind of 'soul', a kind of soulfulness that is inherently tied to the consumption of blackness, and the history of black popular music in this country.
Sometimes I look deep into those chestnut eyes on the lil Biebz and I see a lesbian. A lesbian with a really bad haircut. Is J Biebz inspiring a generation of b-o-i bois or are they inspiring him!? (http://lesbianswholooklikejustinbieber.tumblr.com/) Awkward.
ps: That does in fact say 'HOPE' on Usher's shirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment