It has been a while. On behalf of everyone, I apologize for our lack of posting consistency.
I am becoming increasingly scared of people.
I am sitting at the cafe where I work, Bricks and Scones. There is a law student constituency that posts up here daily to study. They really dig the 10% student discount and the ample plug outlets for their macbooks. They rattle off what they have learned in whatever fucking class they take with a frightening disengagement. There is no emotion, it is the acquisition of objective fact for test taking purposes. What do these people care about?
The cafe is located on Larchmont Blvd in a little area of LA called Larchmont Village. Ain't no lack of $$$ in these parts of town. These people love their dogs. They treat their dogs better than fucking people! God forbid a homeless person asks them for change, no fucking eye contact, no acknowledgement of existence. But a cute dog, lavish the fucking thing with love baby.
The other day when making conversation with a customer I remarked that the newspaper had been bumming me out lately (in my head I was referencing the recent NYT article about how poor kids are exponentially more likely to be prescribed anti-psychotics than rich kids). The customer replied with something along the lines of, "Oh I know what you mean, every other day there is a murder on the news" Hey lady, wake the fuck up.
I realized my notion of violence has changed drastically within the last few years. I am far more afraid of the hundreds of cops that think they can drive their shitmobiles around my neighborhood than I am of media-produced murderers. The State be killing people every day.
But hey don't mind me, I'm just here to suck yr ass and serve you yr coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment